Blind Football & Partially Sighted Football Academy at RNC
RNC’s Blind Football Academy offers you the opportunity to build football training into your programme of studies and experience blind football at the very highest level. This could be just the platform you need to develop your footballing skills.
The College provides an opportunity for you to develop all areas of your game through expert coaching from trained, experienced staff, with the view to producing players with the ability to compete in both national and international competitions.
RNC Blind Football Academy participates in the FA National Blind Football League (B1) and the BBS Visually Impaired National Football League (B2 and B3), with regular matches all over the country. We also host the National Blind Football League, with monthly fixtures.
Blind Football Academy Programme
The Blind/Partially Sighted Football Academy offers you an up to16 hours a week dedicated football training, focusing on technical football skills, strength and conditioning, fitness, nutrition and sports psychology. RNC's academy will also including:
- Rules and regulations of blind football and partially sighted football
- Skill-related games
- Shape and formation
- Development of football skills
- Principles of team and set piece play
- Fitness testing and monitoring
- Team and match preparation
- Speed and agility programmes
- Circuit-based football training.
All of the above are covered at a basic, intermediate and advanced level and are tailored to the individual as you progress within the Academy.
The Blind Football Academy runs in conjunction with your chosen individual academic or vocational programme (i.e. As/A2 Levels, and BTECs/NVQ's in Sport and recreation, Business, Music Technology, Massage and Complementary Therapies).
When you come for assessment we will work with you to identify the appropriate start date, duration, level of study and content which will help you achieve your personal and employment goals.
If you have any more questions about RNC Football Academy please contact us 01432 376 621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The course can last up to two years - running alongside a full-time course. RNC also has a linked pathway into Higher Education with the University of Worcester.
- The Academy is available to all students studying full-time at RNC and aged 16+ years.
- Prior involvement with football at national, county or schools level is an advantage, but not essential.
- All candidates will be considered through trials which look for football potential, good mobility and spatial awareness.
In August 2010 The Royal National College for the Blind in Hereford played host to the IBSA World Blind Football Championships. The championships were organised by the English Football Association (FA) and was the largest disability football tournament ever held in the UK. Footage courtesy of Sky broadcasting