Professional Development Day at The Royal National College for the Blind (RNC)
Wednesday 2 October 2013, 10am – 3pm
Learn how RNC, the UK’s leading specialist college for people with sight loss, works to help people who are blind and partially sighted to move into Further Education/Higher Education, employment or self-employment.
You will gain an understanding of:
- RNC’s individually tailored academic and vocational programmes
- the additional specialist support and advice available: mobility, daily living skills, Braille, ICT and assistive technology
- our role in aiding successful transition to mainstream education and employment/self-employment opportunities.
to see a draft programme for the day.
Lunch and refreshments are provided free of charge.
Who should attend:
Tailored specifically for staff working in;
- Connexions/Careers Advisers
- Local Authorities
- Learners with Learning Difficulties or Disabilities Officers (LLDD)
- Transition Support
- Associations for the Blind
- Ophthalmology Staff
- Voluntary VI Support Groups
How to attend:
To book your place/places, please complete the booking form () and return to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to; Marketing, Royal National College for the Blind, Venns Lane, Hereford, HR1 1DT
If your visit to RNC involves an overnight stay, please tick the box on the booking form, call the Enquiry Line on 01432 376621 or email email@example.com for prices and reservations.
We look forward to hearing from you, and in the meantime please don’t hesitate to get in touch should you require any further information.
“RNC - Celebrating 140 years of excellence in education and training for people who are blind and partially sighted”